February 1, 2010

The Quest to Work From Home

Hi! Like so many of you who are reading this post, I have been in search of the American Dream..... "Working from the comfort of your own couch in your pajamas and become rich making thousands of dollars a day".

Well not exactly. Let me clarify, I do want to work in the comfort of my home, but I am not looking to become a millionaire doing it. If you are looking for that job that claims you can make $1000 a day this isn't the blog for you. Keep researching and then send me an email when you have found it. I have student loans, and bills and I just want to bring home a little extra income at the end of the month. For me, for my son and for my husband.

A little background information on me. I am married, 30 years old, and have one son. I have my bachelors degree and have worked in the consulting field for over 5 years. My son was born in late 2008, during our country's economic hardship. After taking 6 months off from work, my work continued to "let" me stay at home with my child. I recently returned at the end of 2009 (part-time) and the amount of money I make vs. the times my child has to be kept home from daycare doesn't add up. I am losing money considering part-time employees aren't given the luxury of vacation and/or sick days. Daycare facilities are a haven for germs and bacteria all waiting to infect each and every child over and over again. It really is the true domino effect. Here I am back home with my son but have bills adding up in the background. My husband works and has a great job but we bought our home, our cars, and everything else on the basis of two incomes.

I spent almost the entire year of 2009 searching for that work at home reality and have tried out so many companies. I decided to blog about them and help other moms wanting to stay at home not waste anymore of your time. In addition, please email me if you want me to know of a website that has worked for you. We should all be sharing this information and not concealing it.

My blog title tells it all, is there really work at home out there? Don't worry, I am going to find out! Wish me luck and check back often!

No comments:

Post a Comment